Mottez A018P4RA 4 Bike Tow Ball Mounted Car Cycle Carrier
- Easy to install to any tow ball.
- Height adjustable platform.
- Number plate holder and lights.
- Securing arms prevent bikes touching in transit.
- Rugged powder coated steel chassis.
- TUV approved.
- Platform tilts to allow boot access.
- 7 pin electrics.
- Aluminium rails.
- 5 year warranty.
The Mottez tow ball carrier is a great value tilting model, which allows access to boot on 80% of vehicles*. The carrier features upright securing arms, which prevent the bikes touching one another in transit, then fold flat when not in use, reducing the storage space required.
For security, the carrier can be locked to the car's tow ball using a padlock to lock the release handle down preventing the carrier to be removed.
Suitable for fitment to most cars with at least a 50mm gap between the car's tow ball and bumper and a tow bar noseweight rating of 80Kg or higher.
Suitable for use on bolt-on flange tow balls where the distance between the tow ball centre and the bolts is 30mm or greater. This is usually the case with standard UK specification tow bars. We have yet to experience a flange tow bar where this carrier could not be fitted. We have however on occasion seen very compact tow ball heads which proved problematic. These issues can usually be easily overcome by replacing the tow ball with an Alko style extended tow ball.
* On some MPVs, 4x4s or estates with a very large tailgate, the tailgate may come into contact with the upright arm, preventing the boot opening. As an approximate guide, if the distance between the top of the towball and the lower edge of the tailgate is at least 120 mm, the tailgate can usually be opened with the carrier fitted.